I love this topic. I don’t know why it took me a long time to write it at least it came to my mind before am done with this book. Hold your phone your laptop your I pad your tab or whatever you read on tightly coz am gonna rock your world. One thing you should remember is that I am a curvy girl in fact super sexy took long to realise that. So ….I start😊. I go through serious problems daily.
1.People assume you are older. One guy told me that he never approached me earlier as he thought I was married. I just smiled . But I wish I told him excuse me I am a normal size 8 and it’s hereditary and not food.
2. In vehicles . I have never faced this but I’ve witnessed it a couple of times. A lady was forced to pay for two seats since her body occupied her designated seat and half the other seat. Am not blaming anyone but this is a major struggle. But I propose that vehicles should create bigger seats.
3 . You can’t stand in the middle of a lecture. I face this every freaking day. However much I want to go out I’ll remain seated. Standing causes attention. I once left the class in the middle of a lesson and entering a lecture room the lecturer paused at least that’s what I remember and everyone stared at me. It was super embarrassing. I lost concentration for the remaining of the class.
4 . Pants that don’t fit. Especially jeans 😢. You always have to use a belt.unless it’s stretchy pants
5. Cat calls ugh one of the worst to whoever invented earphones you are the best. This is usually my weapon everyday. You can never walk on any Street peacefully. Those weird people we meet everyday or men always look forward to disrupt my peace it’s never flattering. What’s more annoying is that they are always rude vulgar and uncouth.
6. People calling me thick or bbw big beautiful woman. Excuse me am human not steak.
7. Online shopping is the worst. Thank God for fashioncurve and fashionova these are online shopping malls with clothes that fit curvy women. The local ones like jumia or olx are super disappointing. You will cry after spending money on a costly dress. It won’t fit. Especially jeans or khakis or skirts or dresses. Actually everything.
8. People preaching I should be curvy and confident. Excuse me I am. Just leave me alone.😕. Being curvy is not a disability.
9. Walking past shops that sell clothes meant for slim girls. And those clothes are always glamorous. I’ll admit in such situations I literally hate myself.
10. Walking past a vendor selling clothes then he literally stretches them trying to prove a point to me . In public. OK he does that to show you politely that they can fit you. I usually find it funny though.
11. Over sweating after a workout. Especially 😂 I won’t mention . I just feel like I would stop sometimes.
12. Squats😢. Painful. It causes stitch for days. Right now my legs have accustomed to them I do like 30 a day.
13. Pants ripping in inner thighs . Actually jeans are the worst. It happened to my most expensive pair of jeans. I literally cried.
14. Painful thighs when walking in dresses and skirts. To whoever invented corsets or spanks thank you 💞. This is brutal and super painful to the body.
15. Button up shirts. This one’s are just dirty minded they always pop up when you speaking to that guy you like😆
16. I don’t really know my size though am okay.
17. Climbing stairs is torture
18. Dating. You meet those guys who tell you I like curvy women or I love women who eat. Ugh everyone eats😧
19. People saying your ass is fake. This is super funny. It never hurts. I just wonder where a twenty year old in a third world country would get money for plastic surgery. And how open minded are my parents they even behave as if they are allergic to make up.
20. Always adjusting my clothes . My bra straps always show and other clothes😂😂. I came to realize I have a little control over that so my I always wear matching bra and panties just to avoid embarrassment.
I’ve said so much but I will finish by saying if women started loving and appreciating their bodies clothing companies will go out of business.😘.
Hey readers. I am pleased to announce that one of the greatest days of the year has arrived. A day we recognize a woman’s worth fully. Actually a day we remember it. We honour our mothers sisters girlfriends. Our single dads widows widowers who have taken the nature of a mother the nature to protect the nature to enrich the nature to love the nature to thrive and the nature to fight. My mother has always been my hero. I used to look up to famous women who have rose from dust but then I remembered that I have that woman around me everyday working her ass off for me and her family. Women are God’s beautiful creation. A creation meant to stabilise existence of Man. I watched this series called mindy project. And a guy told mindy in the series cellulite stretch marks saggy boobs perky boobs flawless skin wrinkles make you woman. The fact that you have all those or some of those qualifies you to be a woman. The fact that you have to work hard knowing that you have to support your family in the future. The fact that you have to work hard worrying that your husband may leave you with your kids just as your dad left your mom makes you a woman. The fact that you fear heartbreak . The fact that you are jealous of your guy who every girl flirts with him makes you a woman. All these things termed as imperfections make you a woman. And we celebrate it. You are beautiful. Whatever you do to your body doesn’t change the fact that you are a woman. If you are insecure about yourself that’s a proof that you are a woman. I’ve repeated the word woman so many times but please that’s why it’s it’s our day. The fact that I cover my all body not because of cold but because am insecure makes me one. The fact that I want to show my cleavage by wearing push ups makes me a woman. The fact that I hide my swollen tummy looking in instagram comparing myself to those models makes me a woman. The fact that I apply makeup to hide freckles pimples and my original colour makes me woman .so please don’t judge a woman. The fact that I cry almost everyday at small things or the fact that am worried almost every minute makes me woman . The fact that I smile and laugh so loudly actually extremely loudly makes me woman. The fact that I go on a diet or eat everything I love make me woman. HAPPY WOMEN’S INTERNATIONAL DAY 💁👧👰👱. WAIT THE FACT THAT I’M PRESSURING MY BOYFRIEND TO PROPOSE MAKES ME WOMAN TOO.
Chimamanda Adichie: A feminist is a person who believes in the social economic political equality of sexes. We teach girls to shrink themselves small.we tell girls you can have ambition and not to much. You should be successful but not too much otherwise you would threaten the man.Because I am female I am expected to aspire to marriage. We raise girls to be competitors in the physical sense and not jobs.
These words are powerful.
I got the title of my topic from an organisation I participate in in a subtle way. It’s called One organisation. I know it’s one thing that we have talked about so much but I am a girl and there is no way in hell I’ll write a book without including a topic on the girl child and women. Recently in class a friend of mine told me why are women so needy why would they have a women’s march.did they just realize that women have started to be oppressed recently.” I told her no they’ve always known that they have been oppressed but they do the March to show everyone that they are not blind to those injustices .they do it to stand up for the future generations. I saw one organisation that celebrities have started around the world called times up . They started it to defend women actors who are been sexually solicited before getting a shot in the screens. It’s time that all women around the world did that. I have one confession that has been aching me. I observed girls perform better than boys in school . The most weird part is that girls are not given the opportunities that boys are. My mother told me once when she was young her brother approached her and caned her asking her why she insisted on going to school.he asked her if she wanted to prove that she was better than the boys in the family who had dropped out of school to look for jobs.my mom still has that mark and to date it reminds her that she is a pillar if she succumbed to her brother she would never have been a judge. Yes my friends I know it’s not in the medieval ages but that still happens in some communities. Educate a woman give her resources discipline her. Treat her the same as you would treat any other child and you will be raising a future leader
It’s time we stopped talking about feminism. I am not one. I am a girl demanding that I be treated as a human. Please please don’t treat me any better. For God sake we go through menstrual periods monthly but we never show . Even with crumbs we work our asses off . We go t work to school. No man has to go through that. Every woman every mother is a symbol of victory. Raising a kid after carrying them for nine months nursing them. Having to endure their stubbornnes is no joke. So please please inspire the girl child and don’t treat us like eggs we will not break. Don’t treat us like iron we will rust treat us like human beings since all men eventually die.